If your EDGE Replay is lagging, the downloads are slow, or not downloading at all then follow the below check list to solve your poor network issues:
|Download the EDGE Replay Setup Checklist||Download the Condensed List for Quick and Easy Checking|
1. MAKE SURE ALL IPADS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE SMART CAMERA SYSTEM
Cross reference ALL of your iPads with the iPad models from our Compatibility Page here. Make sure your iPads are in the green under the Wireless/Smart Camera blue column.
To find your model number go to the iPad Settings > General > About > Tap on the Model Number so it changes to A1234. Use this number to see if your iPad is compatible on the Compatibility Page.
2. CHECK BRIDGE ANTENNA POSITIONS
Must be free of obstructions such as walls, glass, confined spaces and Antenna must be angled downward in between Sideline and Endzone Bridge Antennas.
Must be pointed upward directly at Pressbox Bridge.
Must be pointed upward directly at Pressbox Bridge
The most common issue with Bridge positions/connections is when the Pressbox Bridge is not out in the open with a clear shot down in between the Sideline and Endzone Bridges.
If the window is not wide/big enough, or if there's glass in front of the antenna, or if the space is causing interference for some reason, it is best to move the Pressbox Bridge antenna to a better location.
Use a longer Ethernet cable so that the Pressbox Bridge antenna can be moved to a position where it has a completely open, clear shot down in between the Sideline and Endzone Bridges:
The latch on the rear of the antenna can be pulled down so that the Ethernet cable can be removed and replaced.
The top of the pressbox is often an ideal place for the Bridge antenna. (Unlike the above picture, the camera and kit can remain downstairs with the iPad antenna if desired).
If you are the Away team and your Sideline Antenna kit is on the far Sideline, here is how you will want your setup. Note that in this case it is preferable to have the Endzone System on the near hash:
3. CONTROL IPAD SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO PRESSBOX NETWORK
The iPad that handles clipping should be connected to the Pressbox network in the SAME ROOM OR VICINITY AS THE PRESSBOX IPAD ANTENNA.
Pressbox iPad Antenna should be on the inside of the room with the iPads. DO NOT PUT IPAD ANTENNA (THE ONE WITH BUNNY EARS) ON OUTSIDE OF PRESSBOX GLASS.
4. TURN OFF LIVE STREAM
When using the EDGE Replay, you will not use the live feed from the cameras. You will have somebody behind the camera in the pressbox and somebody in the Endzone with a monitor aiming the cameras. You do not need to see this feed, you only need to start and stop the clips using the record button on the Control iPad.
If you can see a Live Feed of the field, go to the Cameras Page and turn Live Stream OFF for each camera. You screen should look like this:
NONE OF THE IPADS SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THE LIVE ENDZONE FEED.
You can ensure this does not happen by going to the Preferences Page on the iPads and turning OFF Enable Live Stream.
5. ALL PRESSBOX IPADS SHOULD BE IN SAME ROOM/VICINITY AS PRESSBOX IPAD ANTENNA
- If All iPads are inside room, iPad Antenna (with bunny ears) should be on inside of glass. NOT on the outside of the window.
- Do not have an iPad in the pressbox area separated from the antenna by a wall, glass, ceiling or floor. ALL iPads (including the Control iPad) need to be on the same level in the same room as the iPad Antenna.
Remember that the iPad Antenna can be in a separate room from the camera and/or Pressbox Bridge antenna. The only requirement is that ALL iPads being used in the pressbox area are in same room or vicinity as the Pressbox iPad antenna.
6. USE THE SIDELINE BOOSTER ANTENNA AND SHOOT SIGNAL DOWN SIDELINE
- Make sure Sideline Antenna Kit is at the 20-25 YL closest to your Endzone Camera.
- Ensure Booster antenna is facing down your Sideline where the coaches will be with their iPads.
- Raise the tripod high so that its signal is blasted out above the bodies of any players that might walk in front of it. BUT MAKE SURE THE PANEL IS NOT POINTED UP INTO THE SKY.
- The iPads on the Sideline talk with this antenna so they need to be in range of the signal it is blasting out. It is better for iPads to be closer to the antenna but the signal usually reaches to the far 25 YL.
7. MAKE SURE IPADS ARE CONNECTED TO CORRECT NETWORK
- Always check to make sure that ALL iPads in the Pressbox are connected to the Pressbox network
- Always check to make sure that ALL iPads on the Sideline are connected to the Sideline network
8. CHECK WIFI % CONNECTION ON SYSTEM INFO PAGE IF HAVING CONTINUED ISSUES
If you have followed all of the above guidelines and the system is still lagging or downloads are slow/not working, it may be because there is a device on the network that is poorly connected or causing an issue in some other way.
- Go to the System Info page
- Hit the Scan button in the top right
- WAIT for the scan to complete (usually 20-30 seconds)
- Look at the WIFI% for all of the connected devices and see if there are any other red flags
- Remove any devices that are incompatible with the Smart Camera system, such as old iPads and/or any phones.
- IMPORTANT: If an iPad has poor WIFI% (anything below 70%), do the following:
- Turn the WiFi OFF on that iPad.
- Move the iPad as close as possible to the antenna it was connected to.
- Turn the WiFi back on and reconnect to the appropriate Sport Scope network.
9. TEMPORARILY TURN WIFI OFF ON ALL IPADS/RESET THE IPAD NETWORK SETTINGS
If even after all of the above troubleshooting your network is still having problems with lag, slow replay downloads, or the downloads not working at all, temporarily turn off the WIFI on ALL the iPads, EXCEPT for the Master Control iPad
Use the system with only the one Control iPad and verify that it is now working correctly. If it is still not working correctly try resetting the Network Settings
- Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- The iPad will reboot. You will be required to input the WiFi password once you reconnect.
Once the Master Control iPad is working normally, begin reconnecting all the other iPads back on to the network one-by-one. DO NOT RECONNECT ALL OF THE IPADS BACK TO THE SPORT SCOPE NETWORKS ALL AT ONCE.
- Connect an iPad and continue filming. Make sure the lag is minimal and download speed is reasonable.
- If good, connect another iPad. Keep filming and make sure speed is still good.
- Continue like this until all the iPads are back on the networks and the system is still running smoothly