Step 1. Confirm that your iPad/iPhone is connected to a solid internet connection
Live streaming requires a minimum of 5 Mbps (5,000 Kbps) of upload speed per device on the network.
- Wi-Fi Network – Connecting to a private WiFi network is preferred to maximize bandwidth.
- Cellular Network – If the iPad has a cellular data plan, it must be LTE enabled. Make sure to turn the WiFi setting OFF.
- Hotspot - Will be dependent upon your service provider and network availability at the location of the event as it will operate off an LTE network.
- Run A Speed Test – Visit www.speedtest.net or another site to run an in-browser test. Confirm upload speed is at least 5 Mbps.
Step 2. Open the Sport Scope Live app and select "Go Live"
Step 3. Enter the Stream ID for the Sport you're wanting to stream
The Stream ID links the video stream from your iPad to your personal page for that sport on www.sportscopelive.com.
Step 4. Create your Event(s) on the Calendar and Start Stream
Select the "Add Event" button to create all of your upcoming events, or the current event about to begin.
Input the following:
- Title of your Event (this is what the viewers at home will see)
- Start Date and Time
- End Date and Time
- Adjust your Ticket price (the minimum is $5 and there is no maximum)
IMPORTANT: Your End Date will govern what your Ticket Price can be. Every extra hour beyond the 5 hour minimum will increase your minimum ticket price by $1. For example, an Event that is 10 hours long must have a minimum ticket price of $10.
Once your Event(s) has been scheduled and as long as the current time is within 1 hour of the scheduled Event, then you can select the Start Stream button.
Step 5. Wait for the Live Stream to Connect
Once you've started your stream, wait for it to successfully connect to the internet so that you are broadcasting:
Once the green "Live" button appears then you are now broadcasting the iPad/iPhone's footage to your page on www.sportscopelive.com.
Step 6. Pause or End Event When Needed
If you've started the stream but you need to Pause the Event because there is currently nothing for the viewer to watch and you'd like to set the iPad/iPhone down, use the "Pause Event" button:
Select the reason you have paused the broadcast for. This message will be displayed on the screen for the viewers at home. You can resume broadcasting at any time.
Once the event is over, select the "Stop Event" button. A pop-up will allow you to report the final score for the viewers at home.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Question: Is the Live Stream saved on www.sportscopelive.com for viewers to watch later?
- Answer: No. The broadcast does not get saved online. The operator using the iPad/iPhone may record the event to the device and choose to upload it to another location of their desired choice but currently there is no way to host a recorded game on www.sportscopelive.com for playback at a later date.
- Question: Can I make the event free?
- Answer: No. The purpose of Sport Scope Live is to help schools raise money by live broadcasting their events. Their is also a hosting cost necessary to stream events over the internet on to www.sportscopelive.com. The ticket fees are what pays for the costs and allows schools to raise funds.