To be sure that the camera angle is in fact Camera Offline, go to the Cameras page to verify:
Check 1: Check the HDMI Connections
Check the HDMI connection from the camera to the device. The camera's HDMI Cable should be in the port labeled Connect Camera.
If cable was in wrong port and correct port changes status to Ready then STOP HERE.
If one of the HDMI ports on either camera or EDGE Box is clearly damaged then STOP HERE and call Sport Scope Support: 509-204-3270.
Check 2: Reboot the Device
The Camera Offline message might be a display error. Reboot your EDGE Box power to see if this corrects the display error. Pull the power cable and reinsert:
If after reboot status changes to Ready then you can stop here and create a New Game.
Check 3: Check the HDMI Resolution
Sometimes having the camera set to the wrong resolution can cause the "Camera Offline" issue. To resolve this, we need to make sure the camera is outputting the correct HDMI resolution for the EDGE Box. Check the HDMI Output resolution by going to Menu > Set Up > HDMI Resolution > and make sure it is on Auto. 1080p or 1080i cannot be selected.
You may then need to reboot the power on the EDGE Box, or you may need to re-insert the HDMI cable.
Wait at least 30 seconds for the EDGE box to reconnect with the camera.
If you are still encountering "Camera Offline" after this, proceed to the next step.
Check 4: Test with an alternative HDMI cable
If all connections look good and resolution setting is correct then we will want to test the camera and EDGE Box with a different HDMI cable.
- If you have a Smart Camera system or additional EDGE Replay device and the same kind of HDMI cable for that angle, temporarily borrow this cable for testing the camera and EDGE Box.
Once you have obtained another HDMI cable and connected from camera to EDGE Box, if the status on the iPad is still Camera Offline then reboot the power on the EDGE Box one more time as seen in STEP 1.
Check 5: Test with a different camera or test the HDMI out with a monitor or TV
If you have tested with multiple HDMI cables and the status is still Camera Offline then we will want to test with a different camera altogether or test the camera's HDMI output .
Be sure to also check connection from HDMI Out port of Camera. Look to see if there is damage in both Camera port and EDGE Box port and/or if cable connectors are damaged.
Test with different camera:
- If you have a Smart Camera system or additional EDGE Replay angle, use the camera and HDMI cable from the other angle. (ie. if the issue is with the Endzone camera, test with the Pressbox camera)
- If the status on the iPad is still Camera Offline, reboot the power on the EDGE Box one more time. If still not working the HDMI port in EDGE Box might be bad. Call Sport Scope support: 509-204-3270.
- If you are using a different camera from elsewhere be sure to repeat STEPS 2-4 with new camera. If the status on the iPad is still Camera Offline then reboot the power on the EDGE Box one more time. If still not working the HDMI port on EDGE Box might be bad. Call Sport Scope support: 509-204-3270.
If you do not have an additional camera:
You will need to test your camera's HDMI Output with a TV or a Monitor:
- Connect an HDMI cable that you know or suspect is fine from the camera to any TV Monitor with an HDMI In port (most laptops will not work). Do NOT use the EDGE Box whatsoever for this test.
- If the video comes up on the TV monitor, then you know the camera and HDMI cable is good. Try them both one more time with EDGE Box. If it still does not work call Sport Scope support: 509-204-3270.
- If the video does not come up on TV monitor then you know the problem is either with the current HDMI cable or the camera's HDMI Out port. If you have already verified that the HDMI cable is good, then the problem is with the camera's HDMI Out port.
- If the port in camera is bad then the camera will need to be replaced. You can replace it with the same model of camera (if you have a Sony HDR-CX405 - you can purchase a replacement HERE) or call Sport Scope support for assistance on how to replace: 509-204-3270.