- This check list is intended for ensuring a proper setup after the system has been assembled. Refer to the general instruction manual for basic setup. Then use this check list to ensure the an optimal network so we have a strong connection and normal speed of downloads during game:
☐ Make sure all iPads are compatible with the system. See https://sportscope.com/ipad-compatibility for our full list of compatible iPads. You can check your model number from the iPad settings:
☐ Check to make sure the Press box Bridge is pointing down in between the Endzone and Sideline Bridges and is free from obstructions such as chain link fences, walls, windows, glass etc.
Often, it's best to have the Press box Bridge antenna on top of the press box.
☐ Check to make sure Endzone and Sideline Bridge antennas are pointed up directly at Press box Bridge and are free from obstructions such as chain link fences, walls, etc.
☐ It is extremely important that the 3 Bridge antennas can all see each other and are as free from obstructions as possible – even glass – and that their angles are correct. If you need to adjust the angle, it is a best practice to unplug the Bridge antenna and plug it back in after adjusting the angle.
☐ Check to make sure all Bridge antennas have 6 lights total. Power light, blinking Main light, and 4 Link Connectivity Lights
☐ Make sure Sideline Antennas are at about the 20-25 YL closest to your Endzone Camera. Ensure the Booster antenna is connected and facing down your Sideline where the coaches will be with their iPads.
☐ Make sure all iPads in the Press box area are in the same room as the Press box iPad Antenna.
ALL THE IPADS IN PRESSBOX AREA OR ROOM MUST BE NEAR THIS ANTENNA AND CANNOT BE SEPARATED BY OBSTRUCTIONS such as walls, ceilings, floors, windows, etc.
☐ Make sure Recording iPad is connected to the Press box iPad antenna and is near it. Remember that the Press box iPad antenna should be inside press box or in same room as the Press box iPads – NOT on outside of window or on a chain link fence.
☐ First only connect the recording iPad to the Sport Scope Pressbox network and start a new game. Make sure the endzone angle is in the middle of screen and control panel on right side is pulled up so you can see the record button.
☐ With only the one Recording iPad connected to the Press box network, verify that all the controls are working. Make sure there is no lag or heavily distorted video with image smearing. Some occasional slight distortion or minor delay is ok as long as it doesn’t prevent your ability to follow a play.
☐ Next connect only one “Replay” iPad to the Sideline network. Record a few more test clips from the Recording iPad. Make sure downloads are coming in fast.
Make sure all “Replay” iPads are NOT looking at the control panel. They should only be viewing a past replay clip or ensuring that the controls panel on the live feed screen is collapsed.
☐ Verify that any iPads on the Sideline are connected to the Sideline Network and any iPads up in the Press box are connected to the Press box network. iPads on the wrong network depending on location can cause major issues.
☐ Before the game begins be sure to turn the Auto-Lock feature of all iPads to NEVER so that none of the iPads fall asleep. This can be found from the Display and Brightness setting in the iPad.
☐ Make sure that the iPads never wander out of range from their relevant iPad antenna. If you need to move an iPad out of range, for example taking it to the locker room during half time, turn the WiFi OFF first. Then when you bring it back within range of the antenna you can turn WiFi back on and connect to the appropriate network.
- If you are experiencing problems where the Recording iPad is lagging and/or replay downloads are slow you can do a System Info page Scan and see if any connected devices are not compatible with the system, have low storage data, and/or have poor WiFi %. It’s best to have a WiFi % of 80 or above.
- If you think one particular iPad is responsible for network issues you can reset the network settings. Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The iPad will reboot. You will be required to input the WiFi password once you reconnect.
Other Causes of Network Issues:
- Phones on network. Remove immediately. Only compatible iPads should be on Sport Scope Wifi.
- The Endzone Bridge Antenna needs to be at a slightly lower angle. Readjust its angle so that it is shooting more parallel to the ground. This small adjustment can make a huge difference!
- iPad Storage Full. Clear space immediately.
- Control iPad overheating. Keep cool in shaded area.
☐ After the game is over and before you tear down the system, you may notice that not all plays have downloaded to every iPad. There will be a Blue download arrow on the clip.
On the iPad that you plan on uploading with later, be sure to scroll through all the clips for BOTH ANGLES and tap the blue download arrow for all plays so that all are downloaded. There should be NO blue download arrows remaining for either angle.
This way you will have all clips downloaded to the iPad so they will all be shared when you export the game for upload to Hudl, Qwikcut, etc.
If a blue arrow does not download, force close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping the Sport Scope app up and away. Then relaunch the Sport Scope app and try downloading those plays again.