1. Check to see if you're on the Demo game
The Sport Scope app opens to the Demo game by default. The camera status on the Demo game will always be Not Connected, this is not actually your true camera status.
To find out if your camera status is actually Not Connected, go to the Cameras page:
If one or more of your camera angles still says Not Connected, proceed to Step 2.
2. Check your WiFi Connection
If the WiFi at the top of your screen is red and not connected to the Sport Scope network then you need to go to your WiFi settings on the iPad and connect to the network.
If you do not see your WiFi network then see this article:
3. Check the Local Network Permission
As of iOS 14, a new permission was added that can prevent the iPad from seeing the cameras on the network. Open up the Settings for your iPad and follow as shown:
Once you've enabled that, go back to the app and check the cameras. If your cameras now say Ready, STOP HERE. Otherwise, proceed to the next section.
4. Check the Power to your Devices
If still experiencing Not Connected check the power to your EDGE Box:
Make sure your power cord is plugged into the power port and the other end is plugged into the power strip or your battery. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS ON (Your battery may look different than the example below):
For the Pressbox Kit:
4. Check Ethernet Connection/Power Cord
If the computer is getting power then you should see a flashing light on the EDGE Box Ethernet port:
If there is no light then there is a disconnect between your network connection on the ground and the computer or between the working battery/outlet and the computer:
Make sure the Ethernet is plugged into the correct port on your router or your POE injector. You may need to try replacing the Ethernet cable with a different cable for testing
You may also want to try a backup power USB cord to make sure that power is properly being transmitted from the battery to the computer:
5. Check Bridge Antenna Connection
Make sure both your Pressbox Bridge and Endzone Bridge Antennas have all 6 lights:
- Power light
- Main light (flashing)
- 4 Link lights
If you do not have all 6 lights lit up, then there are two things to look for:
Missing Link Connectivity Lights
- If ALL of the Link Connectivity lights are not lit, this means that this bridge isn't communicating with the other(s). Check to make sure that the Bridge Antennas are connected to the Antenna Port on the router/POE Injector. If the Pressbox Bridge is not on, the Bridges will not connect. Ensure your Pressbox Bridge is powered first before powering the others.
- If SOME of the Link Connectivity Lights are not lit, you simply will need to adjust the angle of your antenna. If you're at the Endzone bridge, make sure it is aimed up to the pressbox. If you're working with the Pressbox bridge, ensure it is aimed down to the endzone.
- If NONE of the lights are on, test with a different Ethernet cable. See below how to connect a different Ethernet cable:
If you are still encountering the message Not Connected after checking all of the above, call Tech Support at 509-204-3270 for further assistance.