If you do not see the Cam Assist icon on the main control screen there are four possible reasons for this:
- iPad is not capable of running Cam Assist
- The Cam Assist license has expired
- The Smart/Wireless Camera Pan/Tilt USB Power cord is disconnected
- The Sport Scope app has encountered a display error
1. IPAD IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING CAM ASSIST
- Only certain iPads are capable of running Cam Assist as a "Control/View" iPad. To see if your iPad is capable of operating Cam Assist, cross reference your model number with our iPad Compatibility Page.
- To properly see what model of iPad you have:
- Go to the iPad Settings > General > About > and tap on Model so it changes to A1234. Use this number to see if your iPad is compatible on the Compatibility Page.
- Use the purple column to see if your iPad is one of the "Control/View" iPads in the list. If it is, then you should be able to run Cam Assist. If it is not, then unfortunately this iPad is unable to use Cam Assist and you will not see the icon on screen.
2. THE CAM ASSIST LICENSE HAS EXPIRED
If your iPad is compatible but you still can't see the Cam Assist icon it may be because the Cam Assist license has expired:
To see if this is the case, perform the following steps:
- Go to the System Info Page
- Select the Scan button in the top right
- Once you see your endzone Smart Camera in the Cameras section, tap on the License date
- This will display if you have a Replay License and also the Cam Assist license. Note what the Cam Assist license date is.
- If the Cam Assist License is expired, call Sport Scope to inquire about renewing the license
3. THE SMART/WIRELESS CAMERA PAN/TILT USB POWER CORD IS DISCONNECTED
The two cords pictured above give power to the Smart/Wireless Camera's zoom and pan/tilt functionality. If these cords are disconnected, the Sport Scope app will NOT recognize your device as a Smart/Wireless system. Therefore, the Cam Assist icon will not appear
- If one or both of the cords were disconnected reconnect them into the USB slots
- You will likely need to disconnect all other cords and reboot the whole system as if setting it up for the first time. The system usually requires a full restart after the cords are plugged back in, in order for the app to re-recognize it as a Smart/Wireless Camera
- It does not matter which USB slot you plug the USB cords into. They are interchangeable.
4. THE SPORT SCOPE APP HAS ENCOUNTERED A DISPLAY ERROR
On some rare occasions if the Cam Assist icon is not displaying despite everything being correct it may be due to a rare bug in the Sport Scope app preventing the icon from displaying. To resolve simply:
- Go to the Menu and select the Cameras Page
- Go back to the Home screen
In most cases this will resolve the display error. If not please call Sport Scope Support for more assistance: 509-204-3270.