When your iPad or Smart/Wireless or EDGE boxes start getting full, you may experience issues ranging from slow response to an inability to use the system or record.
There are 3 main places that data for Sport Scope could be stored: On the Edge boxes/Smart/Wireless Camera devices themselves, in the Sport Scope app, and in the Files app of the iPad
How to Delete Games in the Sport Scope App and from the Devices
To make sure that your Edge boxes/Smart/Wireless Camera don't get full, you will want to make sure the system is first set up and connected:
- In the Sport Scope App, go to the Games page.
- Click on "Select" in the top right of the screen.
- Select the game or games you wish to delete.
- A checkmark will appear on whichever games you select.
- Click on "Delete" in the top left
- You will see 3 options:
- From iPad only - this deletes any games saved to the Sport Scope app on this iPad only. (Does not delete from other iPads).
- From Camera only - this deletes games off the currently connected Edge boxes/Smart/Wireless Camera's computer
- From Both - this deletes games from both the app and the computer(s)
The recommended option is From Both but you must have the system connected to delete from both the iPad and the computer(s). Also as a tip, you don't need all of the equipment set up to accomplish this. If needed you can use the condensed set up pictured below as an easier way to connect to your devices for deletion.
SHORT-CUT TO CONNECT DEVICES TO NETWORK EASIER:
SMART CAMERA AND/OR EDGE REPLAY
Important Note: If you delete from the iPad Only but not the devices, the game will reappear on the Games page once you connect to your system again, however none of the plays will be downloaded onto the iPads. To remove the game from the Menu permanently you must delete from both.
Important Note: Once deleted from both, any other iPads that were connected during those games will still have the game on their Games page. For the remaining iPads you only need to delete from iPad Only and they do not need to be connected to the system.
Deleting off the iPad from the Files app
Games that have been exported or saved to the device in the Files app also take up space on the iPad. This is completely separate from the files in the Sport Scope app. The steps above will not delete these files and so the storage on your iPad may begin to fill up.
To check your iPad storage, first go into the Settings on your iPad. Then go to General > [Device] Storage ( [Device] will be the name of your iPad). This will show you how much space is left on your iPad. If it's over 75% full you will want to delete anything you can to get more available space (see below).
- Open the Files app (tap on the icon that looks like a file folder).
- On the top left click on "On My iPad" under the locations tab
- Click on the "Sport Scope" folder then the "Games" folder
- Tap on Select, select the games you wish to delete, then tap "Delete" in the lower right corner.
Next we will empty the trash can as deleting the game won't immediately remove it from the iPad.
- Go back to the first page in the files app
- To empty the trash, open the "Recently Deleted" in the left column under locations.
- Tap on Select.
- Tap "Delete All" in the bottom to empty the folder.
- A box will ask you to reconfirm if you want to delete the items. By clicking "Delete" in this box, you will fully empty your iPad's Files trash.
Note: Emptying the trash will permanently delete all items in the trash. Even after the files are deleted from the trash, your iPad might not reflect the change in available space for 24 hours.
We recommend that you do these steps on a semi-regular basis to ensure you have the space needed to record games on game day.
Please sign in to leave a comment.