The Cameras page is one of the best ways to check on the status of your system.
In the left hand column, any camera angles that have been connected to this iPad will appear.
General Settings and Information:
- Name: The name of the device. You can rename to whatever is desired by tapping into the name box. The iPad keyboard will appear so you can edit as needed. To be safe, after editing collapse the keyboard and tap the Save button in the bottom right.
- Version: The version number is the current firmware version of the Smart Camera, Wireless Camera, or EDGE Box device. Each device has their own version number which you want to be all in unison. If the version is not up to date, an orange Upgrade button will appear on the screen. More details of the Upgrade button are discussed below.
- Status: This is the current status of the device. More details are discussed below.
- Lic: Lic is short for License. This displays the current license status of each device. There are 3 different license statuses
- Replay: the expiration date of the replay license for the Smart Camera and/or EDGE Replay (if you have one)
- Wireless: the expiration date of the wireless license, which is a non-replay license for the Wireless Endzone Camera (if you have one)
- Cam Assist: the expiration date for the AI Cam Assist feature for the Smart or Wireless Camera (if you have one, disregard this license if you only have EDGE)
- Bitrate: This is the amount of information that flows from your device to the iPad for the clip downloads.
- Generally we recommend that this should stay set on 2mb for best performance
- Increasing this from 2mb could cause a slow down on your network causing lag or delays in plays downloading, but will slightly increase the quality of the clip downloads.
- Live Feed: The Live Feed toggle allows you to turn off or on the live video stream from your device to the iPad. More details on this toggle are below.
- Shutdown: will turn off the computer on the angle you have selected
- Restart: will restart the computer on the angle you have selected
- Clipping Settings: Toggle on to set the durations of the clipping settings feature for each camera angles
- Record time - this setting affects the duration of the recording
- Pause time - this setting affects how long the system waits before starting the next recording
- (See the picture below)
Important Note: Clipping Settings is activated from the Home Page only by using the cog wheel settings. If you are attempting to use clipping settings to get a constant stream of clips (i.e. record an event in it's entirety) with no pause in between clips, you will use the "Auto" setting and we recommend you set the record time to no more than 30 seconds and pause time to 0.
Ready (green): The camera angle is connected and ready to be used
Camera Offline (blue): The computer that controls the recording (Smart Camera, Wireless Camera, or EDGE Replay box) is connected, but is not getting a video feed from the camera. Basically, the device is correctly on the network, but the video feed is not.
Not Connected (red): The Smart/Wireless Camera and/or Edge box is not connected to the network
No Network (red): The iPad is not on the Sport Scope network or there is an issue with the iPad settings
Requires Upgrade (orange): If any angle says "Requires Upgrade", there will be an orange upgrade button. Simply tap on this upgrade button to start the upgrade. Please note that this will take a few minutes and will cycle between "not connected" and "upgrading". At times, it will look like nothing is happening, but be patient until it is done
Below are the appropriate settings you should see for a Smart Camera system with Pressbox angle EDGE Replay on the Cameras page:
The below image has the press box angle selected (you can see the white background indicating this).
- Live feed is turned off
- For a two angle system such as this, live feed for the pressbox should ALWAYS be turned off.
In the next image below, the endzone angle is selected and it is a smart camera controlled by the iPad
- Live feed is on (and you can't turn it off when it's a smart camera)
- Live feed is necessary for a Smart camera to function, so it can't be turned off
- Unlike the pressbox angle, the endzone has Pan/Tilt settings available
- You can change the horizontal speed (Pan) with the top slider
- You can change the vertical speed (Tilt) with the bottom slider
- The pan/tilt controls can be moved to either the left or right side of the Home screen and can be inverted
- For sports that take many short clips throughout, like football, record to camera will be turned off and record to iPad will be turned on
- Record to camera - saves footage to SD card, but can cause zoom issues if used during football games
- Record to iPad - saves footage to the iPad. This is the recommended setting for football
For Edge Replay, all angles should have "Live Feed" turned off.
- It's possible to turn on live feed, but only 1 angle on 1 iPad can view the live feed.
- If multiple angles and/or multiple iPads are viewing the live feed, you WILL experience network issues and the system will perform poorly.
- We highly recommend turning live feed off for all angles with Edge Replay